Monday, December 03, 2007

Brother and Sister

The family christmas tree


I treated my sister to KTV, and movie and dinner to my siblings yesterday.

I can't remember the last time i spend time with them. My bro was his usual self not talking much, grinning at silly jokes and faces my sis were making and occassionally gruntles. He needs a makeover complete with haircut and new wardrobe. He has pretty decent looks with a goofy smile. He's just not a great conversationlist or a sociable guy. I wouldn't helping him fork out money for his new look. it will be great to be of some help to him. It's like how my sister put it. We are the most familiar strangers.

And my sister is this incredible silly teenager when she is not a pissed off angry teenager. She has passed her phase of Maple story and Neopets and now in the phase of dramas, ktv and online shopping. I think her impending trip to china is really drawing us the kids closer. I feel very reluctant to let her go but i try to make myself inclusive by spending time shopping and going ktv with her. feels like i had been out of her life for such long time.

Family is so important. and they are my everything. Family is not by choice, but by fate. No matter how we get pissed off, angry or annoyed at them, we will always walk back to them to seek solace. Bit by bit as we grow up, distance build itself between us, but we can't let distance drive a wedge between us. If communication between friends, peers, colleagues are important to our social life and add value, it's even more so for family.

When was the last time you know anything about your family?

No comments: