Wednesday, September 26, 2007

To what it is worth

Besides complexity that comes with age, I realize that another important thing - Time.

I used to think I am young, I want to try all things in the shortest possible time, I want to the fastest bestest out there. Everything is of urgency and I couldn't wait to grow up. Now I simply want time to stop. To stay 20 forever, 21 forever, 22 forever.

The faster you gain something, the faster you will lose it. It applies to losing weight. Yeah, sure you can lose a couple of kilos by skipping meals or taking drastic diet, but to lose weight eventually and efficiently truly takes time. Relationships too, if you jump into a relationship too quickly, the likelihood of falling out of love is just as fast.


I finally learnt the lesson of rushing, not hurrying. Take time to breathe the flowers, take a look around yourself. Don't hurry from destination to destination without a break. To enjoy the process you need to actually slow the footsteps to make precise and accurate judgement. Like playing chess.

Now I know why I am a bad chess player. I just make any moves, irregardless of the outcome. I never give any thought to the bigger picture, only have immediate aims in my mind.

Not to say we can take our own sweet time when we are young. The more we can't play with our youth, because time is of the essence. Now's the best time to make the wisest decisions and strategise your big game plan. Miss this chance, and you'll probably not know when the next opportunity may arises. But watch before you leap. Or rather, think before you leap

No comments: