Sunday, December 09, 2007

I miss my sister

My family portrait
Brother and Sister
Hee
My dear sister has left for China. For 7 weeks. After a hectic last min packing, she brought 18 kg of luggage, 1 hand carry bag which weighs 5 kg to faraway Beijing which is -0 degree celsius now. As compared to her peeps, i think she has underpacked, but she was her usual bo chup self. Until we reached the airport, then the magtitude of her trip hit her. "I don't want to go liao" she muttered as she stepped out of the cab at the airport. Her friends at work and school came to send her and even wrote her a farewell gift and letter. My father couldn't stop nagging at her to wear more, look after her DS, Mac, Ipod Shuffle, Cameras (yes she brought 2) and $. My mum kept chatting with her roommate's mum while my bro and I just stood like sore thumb. I hugged my sister many times before she left. Even the stupid computer at home was tempermental and refused to start up until now. Then my sister cried. I was red eyed too.
The whole family is quite sad by her absence. Dad told my mum the 1st thing this morning: "I miss my daughter, how?" I had problem sleeping last night because the room was too quiet w/o the humming of the computer and the bed felt too empty. Bro showed me the sms she sent 1st thing this morning. At breakfast we could not stop talking about her.
Send us lots of emails, ah jun. We really miss you alot.

Sidetrack: Should I buy this?

No comments: