Friday, November 09, 2007

Everything (North East) Asian

Guess which are the cities below:

Shibuya


Dongdaemun


Ximending

I am really into the North Asia countries, primarily Japan, Korea and Taiwan (not country, err place. Sensitive). Notice how their main shopping areas are similar in the look and feel. Somehow I like this look and feel. (think that's because I'm more of a shopping mall girl than rural countryside person). I love their culture, TV dramas, fashion, food, music, almost everything. Think I'm badly influence by their shows.

But I also find Japanese, Koreans, Taiwanese extremely creative people in terms of technology, gadgets, fashions, etc. Wonder why. Was talking to Cass yesterday about staying in Japan for some time. It's my dream to travel to these places (1st before I branch off to other continents) and stay there for 6 mths to a year in each place, to experience the culture, lifestyle and language (I wanna learn japanese! next korean! and french and... language is my thing. science is so not)

But then again, notice how the roots of all these places were originally from China? Hmmm

Some things I like from each place:

Japan



Sushi! (and sashimi, tempura, teppanyaki, etc. etc. I used to work in Japanese restaurant so I end up loving the culture even more >.<)



Japanese dramas (my latest craze is Galileo. Masaharu Fukuyama is so hot! my eye candy)


Anime (especially Shoujo manga like Paradise Kiss, but the above is from Ah, My Goddess!)


Gundam (I know it's so not me, I blame it on my bro's influence. These robotic shows are damn thought provoking on issues like human rights and politics. and I dig the super cute anime characters and voiceovers)


Utada Hikaru. Like her since that song 'First Love'. Extremely talented but she seems to be missing from the music scene for a very long time :(


Ayumi Hamasaki (the Japanese equal of Ah Lian. Think Jolin always copy her looks loh. But nonetheless she is cute like a doll and her songs are very catchy!)


Kimono (so cute! I want to wear one this lifetime. In Japan)

Nana (whatelse is new. So nice! When and where is the new chapters of manga and new season of anime coming out?)

Korea

Korean Dramas

Princess Hours / Goong (beautiful wardrobe, beautiful cast, shoujo manga storyline and plot. One of my favourite Korean dramas)


Coffee Prince (How do I live without love stories? And this is a super happy light hearted Korean drama unlike those tear jerkers kind. Fall in love with Korean music because of this show)


Yoon Eue Hye, lead of Coffee Prince and Princess Hours. Pretty much says why I love her too.


Joo Ji Hoon (he is the only korean eye candy i bothered finding out the name of. Besides Gong Yoo from Coffee Prince. He is so cute, like manga character)


Hanbok, Korean traditional costume. How come their traditional costume all so pretty?

Taiwan

Variety shows (especially those by ASOS, just because they are so mean, shameless, entertaining, funny, sacarstic, hence they make good entertainment)



Taiwanese Idol Dramas (like It All Started With a Kiss, because they always steal story ideas by Japanese comic, but make a better version than the Japanese) Ariel Lin, the main lead of this show is also one my favourite TW actress, because she is talented, hardworking and daring, though not that mainstream.

Joe Cheng (Zheng Yuan Chang I think in Hanyu Pinyin. Just because he is an
androgynous looking eye candy. super metrosexual man but cute)

Rainie Yang (Queen of cuteness, though not as act cute as Cyndi Huang. She hosts, sings, dance, acts in dramas and movie, like that lesbian Spider Lilies. This girl has range!)


Dim Sum, not Taiwan food, but it's Chinese food too. Though more of cantonese cuisine. But I still like!

Xiaolongbao. Big in TW, but apparently from Shanghai. Then again it's yummy! (notice how the food i like is usually bite size.)

Things I want to try when I go Korea / Japan (since I've been to TW twice)

Skiing (must try at least once in my lifetime though it is super likely I will fall like nobody's business)

Hot Spring (I like being in warm element in cold climate. like under blanket when i turn my aircon to 17 degree celsius)

Snow. Just because I never see snow before :(

Sakura (because it is so pretty)

No comments: