Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shojo Manga



I'm really slow in catching up on shows and anime. Nana was such a craze in 2005 when the movie was launched, but I only caught on now! argh. If not for that incredible song Kailin sang, I won't be hooked on this seemingly hentai lesbo show.
But after watching it, it is so not what I thought. No wonder it's such a popular shojo manga because this show is so relatable to young girls. Nana Komatsu aka Hachi, the girl from countryside looking for love and happiness is very relatable and certain characteristics reminds me of myself (like falling in love on 1st sight, idealising love etc). The other Nana, who is the vocalist of the band, remains me of the girl I wanna to become, achieving her dreams despite giving up love.
I'm neither as stupid as Hachi (as least i hope), nor am I strong like Nana. Both girls are incredible in their own right. There was this episode where Nana disapproved Hachi's choice of guy (because that guy is such a player and jerk. I hate it when she married him!), but she didn't dare to criticise Hachi's choice (or rather can't bear to) because she knows to Hachi, a woman's happiness is being with the man she loves.
Sad but true. sometimes we see others making a mistake but we don't dare to reproach them because we scared they will be angry at us. I've seen some of my friends fall head over heels for guys who totally don't deserve them, but I dun dare reproach them. the only thing I can do is probably cheer them on and support them when they need someone. because I've been through it. I've made some pretty stupid decisions when it comes to men... but last thing I want is someone criticizing my decisions. come to think of it, it's stupid. But love is blind.
Why do we let ourselves fall in the same vicious cycle all the time?
Anyway Nana rocks!

No comments: