Monday, September 10, 2007

Brothers & Sisters

A typical American drama on family (albeit an American one). Calista Flockhart is in this show and I used to watch her so often on Ally McBeal. I've grown to love the series and the women in the show. Like Sally Field who plays the mother and the elder sister whose name I've forgotten. She is one strong lady who works and takes care of her own families (her own children and her siblings). I enjoy the dialogue very much, quite witty, not like the spoken english we have in Singapore. And it just seems so touching. The quality of film and choice of music works well for this show, hence touching the hearts of the audience. Alot of screwed up things happening to this family, like father's mistress, drug abuse, casual sex (which seems pretty common in the States), and hot gays kissing!.

I love these kind of All-American dramas. They cover all kind of genres, from CSI to Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives to 24 Hours. And it's great Channel 5 is bringing in more and more of such dramas. Still remember those days when I used to stay up late till midnight to catch JAG, Ally Mcbeal, One Tree Hill, Gilmore girls during my sec sch days. It was not until I was in Poly, when I learn to appreciate Friends. It made me laugh even more. I could rewatch the earlier seasons and laugh at the fashion then somemore.

And who can forget the all time favourite - Sex and the city! They have a similar season coming on now too by Candance Bushnell, the same author of Sex and the City - Lipstick Jungle. Career women trapped in New York's dog eat dog world. A fashion designer, a magazine editor and a production house owner. Not as good as Sex and the City but I could empathize with the girls

So why can't Singaporeans talk witty like the Americans?

No comments: