Friday, July 06, 2007

Moving forward

If I tell you that you are going to fall, will you believe me?

Ever had that feeling that you know what is going happen to that person if they do certain things, but they went ahead to do it or not do it. (sounds complicated? asked me in person) I've seen too much of such things happen. I really feel like saying 'I told you so', but always stop myself. Because I also make the same mistakes of heeding good advice. Good advice is hard to hear, swallow and accept.

Being obedient 听话 is not conforming to rules, not having a mind of our own. but it is a process of minimising our setbacks by learning from mistakes of others. You'll be surprised how many people have walked down the same path you are walking now and made certain mistakes that they wished they have known earlier.

How to be constantly improving? Learning from one's mistakes ain't good enough, it is about learning from others' mistakes too and catching yourself in the moment when the decision is a wrong one. It is tough, because it takes a simple person to do so. And human beings are a complicated bunch. We like to look at the problems, rather than look for the solutions. So stop whining and grow up.

Don't make the same mistakes I made. It will take you further from the things you want.

Focus, Leya. Focus

No comments: