Saturday, July 07, 2007

Driven

If you ever seen my past entry, there was an entry on envy. Damn, the envy bug never dies. It creates a space of dissatisfaction with my own life and I want more.

What drives you? For me it's the want for better things in my life, for my family and my friends. I want to spend $ without looking at price tag. I want my parents to stop working and enjoy life. I want my brother and sister to pursue their dreams. I want to be generous to all my friends. I want a better quality of life. I want more!

In comparison, many of my peers are enjoying life now by partying all night, dining at places I nv even heard before, travelling to places like new york, LA, Europe, going to universities locally and overseas and buying the Pradas, Guccis, LVs etc. I really envy their lifestyles and I can't keep up with them. I start to ponder about my family's and my financial status and realized -Somethings in life are just unfair, so why bother comparing? Move on, make a difference to our futures by working hard NOW is what matters. The sooner we succeed, the more we get to enjoy life. The more we indulge in self pity, the more we will find ourselves stuck in the rut.

Recently someone just shared with me. There are 2 kinds of friends in this world. The first kind are those you look for to share your problems with and you can count on them to be responsible, reliable to go all the way to help you. And the second kind are those you look for when you want to have fun. I don't know which kind of friends you have more. But I'm very glad and proud to say I have more of the 1st kind. My whole Hana team is the 1st kind and interestingly I still look for them when I wanna have fun. The leaders like Len, Caren, Rion, Janet and Cindy really sacrifice alot of their time and effort to try to make a difference to our lives. And the team can't do without anyone of us. Like the funny dudes - Desmond, Gordon, Zhenwei, Oliver, Ivan. The young pretty lasses - Angela, Loreen, Thanet. The hardworking and talented (sometimes have to stand in as nannies) - Emily, Hui Er, Elyn, and Marc. With the team constantly growing with new blood - like Sarah, Claudia, Alethea, even Anita and Clara, I really do believe our futures have some hope.

Now with the belief, it is time to make the difference. The race to the finish line has begun and we can't lose to those who started the race later than us.

No comments: