Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tribute to Pegasus

My colleagues at Pegasus! Jansen, Carol, Jane, Raymond, Virginia, me, Serine, Sue-Ann, Jewel, Sylwin, Karin & Jenny. (Clockwise from the top left)

Utell / Pegasus. Not many know what this company does or what it stands for. I have swear to myself not to write about the complaints, whining and bitching about work. So this will be the first and last post on my job (my last job)

I'm a service delivery executive. My accounts/clients are hotels and they look for me when they have problem opening up inventory or rates or commission payment to TA (Travel agents). I am a loanshark, cum report churner, cum customer service, cum trainer, cum consultant. I am measured by how many of my hotels pay on time, how many of them sign up within the stipulated time, how well I do my filters.

Sounds profound? it is. Hotels don't know our functions but they can't do without us.

Do I like my job scope? not as stressful as hotel / property level. but i do have to handle challenging tasks that I am clueless about. I have to take initiative to ask questions and follow up my cases. Work is own time own target, but if I cant meet the targets I set for myself, I am screwed.

But end of the day, I like working here because of the people. my colleagues are truly a helpful and happy bunch. Much better from where I used to come from.

No comments: